Deadline: 1 June 2018
Open to: applicants from any country + 18 year old
Grants: money prizes for development, production, post-production, film festival application
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS (FWB) supports independent filmmakers around the world via grants and other funding initiatives. Supported projects include narrative films, documentary films, and new media projects that align with themes of social justice, empowerment, and cultural exchange.
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS (FWB) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is dedicated to empowering the next generation of digital storytellers. FWB filmmaking grants provide funding and support for independent filmmakers to share their stories. Funds are available for narrative, documentary, experimental, and new media projects in various stages of production.
Goals & Objectives
- to empower the next generation of digital storytellers;
- to promote diverse communities and cultures;
- to share unique perspectives and stories;
- to support independent voices from around the world.
- FWB is committed to diversity and equality
- FWB provides equal consideration for all qualified candidates. FWB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Grants are available for all of the following stages of production:
- Film Festival Applications
Grants are available for all of the following types of projects:
- Short Film Projects (6-40 minutes)
- Feature Film Projects (90+ minutes)
- New Media Projects (various)
- Applicants from any country are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants should be 18+ years old;
- Applicants should be proficient in relevant digital technologies;
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work;
- Applications and supporting materials must be produced in English.
- NOTE: Completed films may be in any language.
Development: USD 250, USD 500, or USD 1000;
Production: USD 500, USD 1000, USD 2500, or USD 5000;
Post-production: USD 250, USD 500, USD 1000, or USD 2500;
Film Festival Applications: USD 100, USD 250, or USD 500.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Prepare all supporting materials;
- Submit an online application.
- For more information please visit the official website.