A training course for young people who have taken part in Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects. The training prepares participants to share their experiences and inspire other youngsters to get involved in European international mobility programmes.
Dates: 2-7 March 2018
Location: Virrat, Finland
Application Deadline: 8 February 2018
Who are the EuroPeers?
EuroPeers are young people who have taken part in Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects, i.e. European Voluntary Service (EVS), youth exchanges, youth initiatives, or meetings between young people and decision-makers. EuroPeers volunteer as spokespersons for international experiences: they share their experiences and inform other young people (their peers) about mobility and youth participation opportunities in Europe.
Being a EuroPeer is not a paid job, but it allows you to gain new skills and competences, stay connected with the EU programmes, and build national and international networks.
What is the EuroPeer training course?
The EuroPeer training course is an opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills you will need as an active EuroPeer. The training course includes workshops on:
- what it means to be a EuroPeer
- basic information about international mobility opportunities in Europe
- presentation techniques
- how to make use and develop your own talent in EuroPeer activities
- how to plan, prepare and carry out EuroPeer events and activities
The training course starts on the 2nd of March (arrival day) and finished on the 7th of March (departure day). You will also have time to develop your first own EuroPeer activity.
Participating in this training is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme, meaning that it is free of charge for you. At the end of the training you will receive a Youthpass certificate.
- 25 participants from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Western Balkan countries Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, KOSOVO * UN RESOLUTION, Montenegro, Serbia
You can participate in this training course if:
- you have taken part in an Erasmus+: Youth in Action project
- you are committed to volunteer as a EuroPeer after the training course
- you feel confident to share your own story & experiences to encourage others
- you are committed to attend the full duration of the training
- you are at least 18 years old
- your English skills allow you to actively participate in a training held in English
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or SALTO South East Europe RC involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.