Since 2015, SEEDIG has been working on facilitating discussions and collaboration on Internet-related issues among stakeholders in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area (SEE+). It has done so through annual meetings and other activities carried all year-round.
Preparations are now underway for SEEDIG’s fifth annual meeting (SEEDIG 5), which will be held on 7–8 May 2019, in Bucharest, Romania. In parallel, intersessional activities include, among others, a monthly summary of Internet governance and digital policy developments in the region and regional survey on Internet-related topics.
SEEDIG is looking for highly motivated interns to assist the Executive Committee in organising SEEDIG 5 and carrying out other activities.
They expect candidates to meet the following requirements:
- National of a country in South Eastern Europe and the neighbouring area.
- Knowledge of and interest in Internet governance and digital policy.
- Familiarity with Internet governance processes, in general, and IGF initiatives, in particular.
- A very good level of English.
- Availability to work 8-10 hours/week.
Of particular interest are candidates who have skills and experience in digital design (web design, graphic design, video production etc.).
Interns will work online, under the supervision of the SEEDIG Executive Committee. They will contribute to activities related to the planning of the Bucharest meeting, as well as to the execution of intersessional activities.
Interns will not be remunerated, but, based on their performance, they may be provided with travel and accommodation support to attend SEEDIG 5.
The initial internship is offered for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
SEEDIG interns get an opportunity to:
- Make a difference for the region, by being an active part of what was recently described as ‘one of the most important and valuable bodies in SEE+’.
- Join the SEEDIG community and interact with people who work on digital policy and Internet governance issues.
- Acquire experience in planning multistakeholder events, conducting surveys and other research, writing communications and outreach materials etc.
For application and more information visit here.