Fully Funded Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship is a year-long media skill, communication, and leadership program designed for standout development professionals from the developing world. Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience. The Fellowship is open by nomination only. The Fellowship is recruiting a total of 25 Fellows for 2019. We are looking for 15 Fellows who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, development economics, health and human rights, and climate change. We are also looking for 10 Fellows who are experts working on the front lines of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
While the fellowship is non-resident and not full-time, it does require a significant and sustained time commitment as fellows write opinion articles, participate in interviews with local and international media, and speak at international conferences. All expenses related to the fellowship are paid, including certain media-related travel costs.
All expenses for the fellowship are paid, and often they provide funds for Fellows to participate in media-related activities and conferences.
- Open to candidates from any developing country;
- Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience.
- Ask someone to nominate you. This person could be a mentor, supervisor or professor. They ask that this person know you and your work well
- They will review your nomination. If you pass through the first round, they’ll be in touch with you directly, asking you to submit an application. This application involves two essays and a series of questions.
- Once the New Voices team has reviewed applications, they will ask a small group of finalists to participate in an interview via Skype or phone. From this group, they will choose the final class of Fellows.
|Contact the organizer||[email protected]|