All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering. To celebrate the stars of Google’s global community, Connect Live is back and will be bigger than ever. The event will be held November 12 to 15 in a show-stopping new location in San Jose, California. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world.
This November, Google is bringing 200—that’s right TWO HUNDRED—Local Guides Level 5+ from all around the world together in San Jose, California and Google’s headquarters for nearly four full days of exciting activities. Kick things off on November 12 with a Welcome Reception, have two jam-packed days of activities, then close things out on November 15 with a Farewell Breakfast with the Local Guides team. To best serve the global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English.
If you’re one of the 200 Local Guides selected, you can expect to have numerous opportunities to give feedback directly to the Googlers that work on your favorite features, share what you love about Google Maps, and learn even more Local Guides skills.
Attendees will learn the latest news about Google products, meet Googlers and fellow Local Guides, and discover inspiring ways to become even better contributors. You can expect learning, friendship, and celebration. However, each year’s specific format and events are kept secret so that you’ll be surprised when you get there!
Meet: Join top Local Guides from around the world to share new experiences
Learn: Get inside access to the world of Google Maps through inspiring talks
Explore: Discover local favorites in San Jose and see the Google campus
Applications will be open from March 4, 2019 to April 30, 2019.
- Flights, transportation, and hotel stays on primary arrival and departure dates will be arranged and paid for by Google.
- Meals will be covered by Google during the duration of the event.
- Visa or ESTA fees for one application will also be paid for by Google. However, attendees will be responsible for securing visas on their own.
- Learn the latest news about Google products, meet Googlers and fellow Local Guides, and discover inspiring ways to become even better contributors.
- You can expect learning, friendship, and celebration. However, each year’s specific format and events are kept secret so that you’ll be surprised when you get there!
- To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher and submit an application that includes a 1-minute video.
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing on Connect or hosting meet-ups
- All Connect Live attendees must be at least 21 years old by the event start date on November 12, 2019. This is because 21 is the legal drinking age in the United States and alcohol will be present at some events.
- To best serve the global community, Connect Live 2019 will be presented entirely in English. In order to get the most out of the experience, attendees will need to confirm that they can communicate proficiently in English in addition to submitting all application materials in English.
Eligible Regions: Open for All