Deadline: 26 November 2017
Open to: submission does not impose any restrictions related to topics, age or place
Award: Grand Prize is around 2,500 EUR
About Grand Prix Fotofestiwal 2018
Grand Prix is a competition which gives photographers an opportunity to present their works during Fotofestiwal (Łódź/Poland). We award artists of exceptional personality and projects that present daring ideas. The competition is open and does not impose any restrictions related to topics, age or place.
What winners receive
● 10.000 PLN (~2500 euro)
● Exhibition of finalists works during FOTOFESTIWAL in Łódź (over 20.000 viewers) for ten artists
● Distinction for the second ten artists – slideshows during the Fotofestiwal and international photography festivals
Fotofestiwal was established in 2001 as one of the first photography events in Poland. It was a spontaneous initiative of students and lecturers of the Sociology Department. Since then, photography and ways of organizing cultural events have transformed. The same has been true for Fotofestiwal itself – we have a different perspective towards the program, we work differently, our viewer’s needs have changed. Still, Fotofestiwal remains a space for presenting various forms and types of photography, a forum for discussion about art and society, a motivation to search for alternative methods of discussing and exhibiting photography. But first of all, invariably, it is a place where people meet.
- One or two projects with 10 to 20 photos (single photo or series)
- The submitted photographs must fulfill the following technical terms: min. 1500px, max. 7000px
- 25€ registration fee, for each submitted project
Terms, conditions and other informations find here.