The NextWorldNow (NWN) Community Investments is seeking applications for its 2019 Grant program. NextWorldNow believes that world communities can work together in an informed and personal way using technology and resources to improve the well-being of participants in each community.
This program is designed for individuals who share a view of a larger self, have decided that they have enough means to live comfortable lives, and want to share their resources with others in a creative and smart way.
Types of Project
The types of projects that they might fund:
- constructing rural health clinic facilities in Zambia for expecting mothers (2015 grantee)
- building a solar powered computer lab at a remote school in Kenya for students and adult community learners (2016 grantee)
- training silk weaving, reeling, and embroidery skills with business management in India (2017 grantee)
- developing greenhouses to support food production and marketing in Mongolia (2017 grantee)
- cultivating taro roots and processing into taro chip product for commercial sales in Philippines (2018 grantee)
- establishing low pressure drip irrigation system using drought resistant seed crops in Uganda pilot (2018 grantee)
NextWorldNow Community Investments (NWN) works with individuals, communities, and other organizations to make this happen. They invite communities with project ideas to submit their requests for funding. They study the requests and make funding decisions. They welcome scale-able partnerships with other organizations on joint projects.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must:
- Complete a one page “Notification of Interest” and forward to NextWorldNow
- Receive either a full grant application form for completion or notice of non-selection
- Complete grant application form and submit
- Receive acknowledgement of submission
- Respond to request for additional information if indicated
- Participate in skype interviews if requested
- Receive notice of annual award evaluation and decision
- Full funding
- Partial funding
- Listing on NWN investment options list for possible funding by other parties
- Receive first funds transfer (50% of award)
- Receive second funds transfer (40% of award)
- Submit first year report on outcomes progress
- Receive final funds transfer (10% of award)
- Submit second year report on progress
For more information, please visit link.