Job Title: National Chief of ICT Services
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Head Office, Sarajevo
Closing Date of application: 01-08-2019
No. of Posts:1
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration, the National Chief of ICT Services directs the planning and implementation of the Mission ICT systems in support of Mission operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and Mission business development. The incumbent advises the CFA on the effective and strategic use of ICT and related cost reduction opportunities and develops and disseminates best practices. S/he proposes, adapts and/or develops local ICT standards and established Standard Operating Procedures and ensures that all ICT systems, resources and services in the Mission are in compliance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework, ICT standards, policies and procedures. The incumbent supervises the work of the staff assigned to ICT Section and authorises individual work plans and produces detailed performance reviews for all staff. Furthermore, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and operation of the Records Management System in the Mission. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the delivery of Shared Service Centre (SSC) program in co-operation with relevant functions in the ICTS/OSCE Secretariat and monitoring the work of the staff assigned to the Shared Services Centre (SSC), including Shared Service Desk (SSD) , Oracle Service Desk (OSD) and Security Operations Centre (SOC).
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Taking overall responsibility for ICT service delivery across the Mission
- Leading ICT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by promoting innovation, deployment and management of current and future ICT systems across the Mission;
- Aligning ICT objectives and projects to OSCE objectives and strategies;
- Developing and maintaining appropriate ICT organizational structure that supports the needs of the Mission, communicates technology standards and ensures appropriate level of security is applied to all transactions processed on IT infrastructure components;
- Establishing and enforcin ICT section goals, objectives, and relevant operating procedures;
- Providing proactive advice and responses to the Secretariat ICT team on all ICT issues including technological solutions to business needs and participating in design of OSCE corporate ICT standards and technologies;
- Liaising with the various officials and local agencies controlling the use of the communications spectrum within the Mission area to ensure that OSCE is not in breach of regulations and that the Mission receives the best quality service. Ensures that ICT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations;
- Managing the ICT Service team’s response to develop plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, development and implementation, including project plans and project plan updates, schedules, time and cost estimates, metrics and performance measures;
2. Assessing ICT needs of the Mission and recommending appropriate solutions to CFA
- Reviewing hardware and software purchases and maintenance of contracts to ensure the best options for ICT to support the Mission’s objectives;
- Advising on systems which should be employed to meet the needs by acquiring proper software/hardware, selecting and controlling ICT service providers and managing outsourced services by maximizing use of in-house solutions and services;
- Developing business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for ICT spending and initiatives. Keeping abreast of developments in the field and determining the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies;
- Providing substantive input related to major infrastructural/information systems/operational delivery activities by preparing the Capital Expenditure Plan for the development of ICT;
- Reviewing and updating ICT associated risks in the Mission, ensuring implementation of established control activities;
3. Overseeing effective and efficient delivery of SSC Program, including Share Service Desk (SSD), Oracle Service Desk (OSD) and Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Ensuring provison of competent and timely ICT First Level support to end users in nine (9) SSC-supported OSCE executive structures;
- Overseeing and coordinates competent and timely delivery of Oracle Service Desk First Level support to end users OSCE-wide;
- In cooperation with ICTS Secretariat, overviewing functional unit SOC that provides technical expertise and support in network security and network infrastructure operations to the ICT Secretariat and OSCE-wide ICT security improvement initiatives
4. Managing daily operations of the Reception and Document Centre
- Overseeing and co-ordinating implementation of organization-wide standards and policies related to all records management activities in the Mission: receipt, registry, distribution and storage of documents, including organization of electronic systems, paper archive indexes, databases and spreadsheets as well as in-house printing of various publications, books, brochures and other OSCE material,
- Recommending improvements related to identified gaps in records management processes in the Mission;
5. Overseeing the work of the Section staff, communicating s clear goals and standards, regularly prioritizing and re-prioritizing work as needed and ensuring that all procedures relating to the Section are clearly and concisely documented;
6. Performing other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, IT communications or other relevant area,
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant and progressively responsible professional experience, including at least three years in the management level preferably in a large international organization or company;
- Experience in developing strategy, implementing and evaluating policies, projects, guidelines and activities in the area of ICT services;
- Experience in compiling and analysing information of a technical nature;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in local languages;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment to meet tight work deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and tact and discretion in dealings with colleagues and senior officials in a multi-cultural environment;
- Familiarity with OSCE structure, policies, procedures and practices would be an asset;
- Ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 3991.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.