Job Title: ICT Help Desk Technician
Organization Name: OSCE, Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Head Office
Closing Date of application: 28-06-2019
No. of Posts: 1
Under the direct supervision of the National Network Administrator, the incumbent provides efficient ICT support with a high level of user satisfaction, technical expertise, and timeliness.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Technical Support
- Registers incidents in the system;
- Resolves and recovers assigned incidents;
- Investigates and diagnoses incidents (including resolution where possible);
- Queries and expands existing knowledge base;
- Confirms and closes resolution of incidents;
- Handles service requests;
- Tracks assigned issues until they are resolved;
- Escalates the process if necessary;
- Keeps affected users informed about progress;
- Prepares video conferencing system and equipment when requested;
- Hardware and Software Installation, Configuration and Upgrades
- Installs, configures and tests hardware and peripherals;
- Installs, configures, and tests non-standard application software and software upgrades and updates;
- Performs quality checks on outcomes of work performed;
- Documents system installation, configuration procedures, and current configuration;
- Contributes to the new system implementation in the production environment;
- Provides application support to facilitate effective utilization of the system;
- Contributes to the acceptance process for new releases into production;
- Supports processes facilitating the readiness of the production environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal studies in computer science;
- A minimum of 3 years of prior related work experience in the same or similar job, preferably in large institutions or companies;
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals;
- Knowledge of systematic methods of solving technical problems;
- Excellent knowledge in: Microsoft network client operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory clients; Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Lync application; Corel Draw packages, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat packages;
- Network cabling skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,052.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and Generali Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.