21Under the direct supervision of the Head of Security Co-operation Unit, the incumbent provides a variety of clerical, administrative, logistical and secretarial support services according to predefined work schedule and in accordance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing general and programmatic office support and clerical tasks as may be required;
- Filing relevant documentation in established filing and document management systems, both paper-based and electronic, ensuring documents are properly organized;
- Arranging meetings, with notification of time, date and subject matter and preparing draft minutes of these meetings, as requested;
- Assisting in the organization of seminars/conferences/workshops/bilateral visits including the preparatory work, administrative work and travel arrangements;
- Assisting in collection and organization of monitoring and evaluation data to include press coverage and information required for other project related reporting;
- Coordinating with document centre regarding all tasks related to archiving, photocopying, collating, binding, etc.;
- Providing assistance to visitors to the Unit, informing and directing them to the appropriate Office staff; Filtering and answering office telephone calls; Receiving, directing and mailing all hard copy correspondence and documentation, including faxes;
- Ordering office stationary, monitoring and providing the office with office supplies;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education;
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in an office environment, preferably in an international set up;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Valid driving license.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,832.50 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.