In order to support and build the capacities of young Roma in Bosnia and Herzegovina to participate in policy making and advocacy for combating discrimination, improving living conditions and expanding access to public services, the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina seeks to recruit 4 Junior Consultants, Young Roma Professionals who will be placed in the Mission’s Field Offices in Tuzla, Travnik, Brcko and Mostar.
Apply by 4 September 2017 here.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Project manager and the supervision of the Local Expert Addressing Roma Discrimination the Junior Consultants will:
- Work closely with Roma Focal Points of the Mission in their areas of responsibility (AoR) and with National Legal Experts on Roma Issues placed within the Ombudsman Institution;
- Conduct outreach work to the Roma communities to increase their awareness of the available anti-discrimination mechanisms;
- Organize meeting in Roma communities on promoting the utilization of the LPD;
- Developing their own network of contacts in the human rights field in BiH;
- When needed guide the aggrieved individuals on how to file complaints with the Ombudsman Institution;
- Report monthly on conducted activities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Title: Junior Consultant, Young Roma Professional
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Various Locations
Closing Date of application: 04-09-2017