Location : Sarajevo, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Application Deadline : 26-Oct-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 7d 17h 53m
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : November 2017 – January 2018 (at least 40 hours per week)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Communications or Communications Officers, Intern will be expected to perform an array of duties considered beneficial to furthering communications and PR activities of UNDP. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to use of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) for ongoing projects and activities;
- Assisting in production of content for online publishing, UNDP and UNCT web pages;
- Assisting online community management;
- Assisting in editing and writing of all types of communications and PR materials, with particular focus on online communication.
- Writing short stories, success stories, blog posts and human interest stories about UNDP activities and results, campaigns, projects and/or partners’ activities;
- Conducting desktop research on information of relevance to promotion of UNDP projects and programmes, per request. Providing concise and comprehensive analysis on issues of particular interest, per request;
- Assisting with the implementation of communications plans and activities, including external and internal communication;
- Assisting coordination of production of videos;
- Assisting with overall event management activities, including support to media relations and on-site support;
- Collecting data and producing media clipping reports and analysis, regular and ad hoc;
- Assisting in maintaining the communications documents archive and online libraries;
- Assisting and serving as liaison with certain press opportunities, per supervisor’s request;
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 20 online posts for social media developed;
- UNDP CO website/subpages and UN website continuously updated;
- At least six press releases and media advisories developed
- Production of at least four success stores or articles assisted;
- At least five web articles developed;
- Support provided to any/all PR and Communications events organized or supported by Communications Unit;
- Communications Unit’s media clipping, work log and publications archive kept up to date.
How to Apply:
- The candidate should apply online through the Job Site by submitting his/her CV and motivation letter.
Terms and conditions:
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship; however, you will gain valuable insight into UNDP and a global network;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or sponsoring institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- UNDP only accepts interns for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for their education programme;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.