Position Title: Intern in Rule of Law Section
Duty Station: Sarajevo
Positions available: as of May 2019
The interns will work alongside EUSR staff in Rule of Law Section
Eligibility and general conditions
– Open to recent graduates in European Studies, Political or Social Sciences, Law, Criminal Studies or other relevant and related subjects;
– Citizenship of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
– Not older than 30;
– Professional experience of less than 2 years;
– An active interest in European integration process and/or involvement in civil society initiatives/NGO sector would be an advantage;
– Interested graduates must be fluent in spoken English;
– Willingness to travel through-out BiH and work with people from various cultural background;
– Non-criminal record.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
During the internship program interns will have an opportunity to contribute to the specific substantive activities of the section through inclusion in internal processes and to contribute to the section output.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Research and retrieving data
- Maintaining the sections advisers weekly diaries
- Assist with legislative tracking
- Assistance with interpretation and translation
– Assisting in preparation of reports and correspondence
– Assisting in organization of conferences, meetings and other events
– Providing administrative support to section staff in everyday operation including but not limited to processing of travel requests, staff expense claims, leave requests, etc.
– Perform any other duties as reasonably assigned, specific for the section
Competencies and Attributes
– Ability to take initiative and work in team setting with high sense of confidentiality and flexibility;
– A good understanding of the EU objectives, plans and procedures;
– Ability to operate within a fast moving environment and react appropriately to change;
– Good communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner;
– Good administrative and organisational skills;
– Excellent oral and written English;
– Fluent in the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
– Capable of providing accurate translation and/or interpretation between English and the official languages of Bosnia and Herzegovina
– ICT skills commensurate with the scope of the post.
Please send your application and supporting documents to [email protected] with subject “Application Ref. No 2019/01- Internship RoL”.
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV in English using the ‘European Curriculum Vitae Format’ (available on our website http://www.europa.ba).
Deadline for application: 28 April 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More information here.