As a member of the ENABLE Project team, the Project Coordinator in his/her capacity will support the Project Manager in development and implementation of the project work plan with related MEAL plan, will be responsible for day-to-day implementation of the activities in close cooperation and coordination with key project stakeholders. She/he will be in charge of timely preparation of activities as per project timeline, planning logistics of events and procurement of goods and services with the Project Assistant, communication with other staff and facilitate communication with experts. It is her/his responsibility to ensure smooth implementation of all planned activities. The Project Coordinator will maintain regular communication with other members of the Project staff and backstopping country office team and will provide appropriate information and inputs for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes.
Qualifications and experience:
- At minimum university degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an INGO environment on programme related to education;
- Excellent understanding of current legislation and institutional set up of education system in BiH and key stakeholders;
- Understanding of programme development and implementation, including budgeting, monitoring, review and reporting, partner management and sub-granting;
- Ability to research, review and synthesize information from a range of sources and produce plans and reports;
- Facilitating meetings and problem solving skills;
- Ability to establish effective working relations within the project team, Country Office backstopping and external actors;
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage and prioritise competing demands and to meet strict deadlines with quality outputs;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and B/H/S languages;
- Valid Driver’s license, driving experience 3-5 years as min and willingness to be to undertake intensive driving within Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Strong computer skills;
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children, the organisational mandate and child safeguarding.
Contract length: 12 months including obligatory probation period with possibility of extension.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application consisting of CV with names and contact information of three references and a cover letter can be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
The vacancy is open till Friday, 28 June 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.