The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced persons all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of programme which contributes to the enhancement of humanitarian response in the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Head of Finance/Administration
Duration: 6 months
Duty Stations: Sarajevo
- Support the Programme Manager of DRC BiH in liaising with donors and government officials;
- Establish and maintain internal financial and administration procedures compatible with the country law, organization internal regulations and donor requirements;
- Oversee the finance, administration, logistics, procurement and human resource staff in the country office and the field offices, by providing technical support to all the areas under the Programme Manager’s supervision and in close cooperation with Director;
- This includes the increase of operations capacity of DRC BiH in quantity and quality of support to the overall programme.
- Supervision and auditing of realization of all finance matters related to the DRC standards for operations. This includes, among other things, supervision of all financial reporting and financial procedures, namely: monthly schedule for financial reporting to HQ, donor reporting and audits, cash flow and liquidity management, financial record-keeping, legal framework and reporting relations to donors and/or national authorities;
- Ensure that financial and administrative related information is accurate and well maintained. This includes the overall planning, budgeting and control of expenditures for shared operational costs, but also coordination of budgeting and expenditure related to the programme implementation;
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly closing of cashbooks, reconciliation of advances and timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk;
- Ensure that adequate financial management procedures and systems are in place, and that DRC’s and donor’s accounting practices, compliance and standards are adhered to the quality and policy requirements;
- Work closely with Programme Manager on administrative, financial and budgetary issues, in close cooperation with Director;
- Ensure that developments of budgets for new proposals and project extensions are realistic and in line with DRC Operations Handbook requirements;
- Monitor petty cash handled by the finance staff;
- Provide updated analysis and reports of the financial situation for the projects and budgets;
- Analyze compensation packages, taxation requirements and human resource policies for local staff to ensure that DRC has adequately planned for their compensation and benefits;
- Prepare quality financial reports for HQ review and ensure timely submission to the donors;
- Complete cashbooks and scanning of expenditure vouchers within deadlines;
Oversee the support staff tasks, ensuring that all procurements are carried out in line with DRC procurement procedures;
- Ensure timely payment of salaries and all suppliers/partners’ invoices by finance;
Supervise the preparation of vouchers and related invoices;
- Ensure that all administrative and legal-related systems are accurate and maintained;
- Lead and support ERP Dynamic implementation in DRC BiH;
- Perform all assigned duties under the supervision of Programme Manager and in close cooperation with Director.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economy, Accounting or Finance or Business Administration;
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software;
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Navision and Microsoft Dynamics 365 financial software will be an advantage;
- Proficiency in English (written and oral) is required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (analytics, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills) are required, as well as demonstrated ability to establish effective team and external relations;
- Systematic mindset and capability of implementing changes.
- Demonstrated intercultural sensitivity
- Volume and complexity of previous experience
- Specialized expertise and experience in the areas of Finance, HR, Administration, Procurement/Logistics
- At least 6 years’ experience in financial management;
- At least 4 years’ financial management experience working for (or supervising) an International IO/NGO or mid-size National NGO, including demonstrated ability to perform financial management and reporting on major International Donors’ projects, such as EU, UNHCR, UNICEF and others;
- Proven knowledge of International and National procurement procedures will be an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of BiH financial procedures and national Labour Law procedures.
You can apply via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS“.
Broj pozicija: 1
Datum objave: 17.12.2018.
Trajanje oglasa do: 16.01.2019.