SOHO aims at enhancing quality of Volunteering Activities through development of essential competences of support persons. It also provides up-to-date information on the new EU initiative European Solidarity Corps to support volunteering for young people.
The SOHO training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the Volunteering Activities (formlery called EVS) – e.g. mentors and task-related support persons – on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The support people play a crucial role in providing conditions for a quality voluntary service and creating opportunities for volunteer’s learning in Volunteering Activities.
The overall aim of the SOHO training course is:
• To increase the quality of Volunteering Activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around the volunteer in the Volunteering Activities projects developed within the frame of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
The specific objectives of the SOHO course are:
• To get a better understanding of the concept of Volunteering Activities as “learning service” and related quality aspects in Volunteering Activities.
• To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
• To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the Volunteering Activities support system
• To raise awareness of the learning dimension in Volunteering Activities and provide tools for learning support
• To support the recognition of non-formal learning in Volunteering Activities through the competent implementation of Youthpass
• To provide up-to-date information about the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme.
In addition to this, SOHO training is an excellent opportunity for Volunteering Activities support persons to exchange their experiences, share good practices and for informal partnership building.
Your kind of training?
Application deadline (24h CET): 30 September 2018
Date of selection: 12 October 2018
This Training Course is for max 30 participants from Austria, Belgium – DE, Belgium – FL, Belgium – FR, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Eastern Partnership countries [Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine] , Western Balkan countries [Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, KOSOVO * UN RESOLUTION, Montenegro, Serbia]
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA or your SALTO RC (EECA: [email protected]; SEE: [email protected]) to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
More information here.