The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tuzla, is pleased to announce the second international conference in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Faculty. The conference Humanities and Social Sciences at the Crossroads will take place in Tuzla, 27-28 April, 2018.
SCOPE OF THE CONFERENCE
Humanities and social sciences at universities around the world face a twofold challenge. In the context of intensive reforms that, under the guise of austerity measures, require universities to transform themselves from knowledge centers into profit centers, these doctrines have been put in a defensive position: to defend themselves by proving their financial justification. Another challenge to these sciences is to respond to the effects created by governance through insecurity, such as maintaining a constant crisis: from the privatization of public goods and the precarization of jobs to new conflicts that, for profit, destabilize and destroy social and economic networks and against violence are pushing for the escape of an ever-growing population.
The aim of this conference is to bring together the academic, artistic and activist community in a joint consideration of interventions in humanistic and social science for the production of relevant knowledge, public good and emancipatory social transformation. We invite all interested individuals as well as institutions to send abstracts of their scientific and artistic interventions.
- Linguistics and Literature,
- Pedagogy and Didactics,
- Communicology and Media,
- Social Work and Social Politics,
- Cultural Studies and other disciplines of social studies and humanities.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGES OF THE CONFERENCE
Official languages of the conference are Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and English languages.
1. Abstract Submission
- Abstracts should be submitted to the Program Committee by February 15, 2018;
- Notification of acceptance, together with the invitation to prepare the final paper and to present at the Conference will be delivered by March 1, 2018;
- Abstracts should be sent via e-mail to na email: [email protected] in the Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian and English language;
- In the abstract one should state first name and the last name, title, address (mail, e-mail, phone number) of the author, as stated in the Registration Form;
- Abstracts should be between 300 and 500 words;
- Abstracts should be written in Microsoft Word, standard A4 format, portrait orientation, spacing 1, default margins (2,5 cm on all sides).
2. Presentation instructions
- Each presentation will be allotted 15 minutes max, depending on the number of the accepted abstracts.
- The papers submitted for publication should follow “Paper Guidelines”
Conference Proceedings will include:
- Conference Program,
- Book of Abstracts of all accepted and presented papers (with ISBN).
- After the Conference, in accordance with the provided guidelines and conditions, selected papers will be published in special and/or regular issues of the Journal of Humanities and Social Studies (DHS), published by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Tuzla.
4. Deadlines / Important Dates
- Abstract Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Notification of Abstract acceptance: March 1, 2018
- Date of the Conference: April 27-28 2018
- Paper submission deadline, which includes papers whose abstracts had not been submitted: May 15, 2018
- Notification of paper acceptance: June 1, 2018 (after the report of the Program Committee on author participation in the Conference and selection of the reviewed papers for publication in the “DHS” Journal)
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tuzla
The Address: Tihomila Markovića 1, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
They are recommend accommodation in “Hotel Tuzla”, the address: ZAVNOBiH 13, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina, www.hoteltuzla.ba. The accommodation is located 20 meters away from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , i.e. the Conference venue.
The registration for the conference, abstracts and papers should be submitted exclusively via e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected]