Rare and sought-after opportunity to join the flagship media portal in English reporting on the Balkans from the Balkans, as a Correspondent from Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Regional BIRN Hub, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is looking for a correspondent from Bosnia and Herzegovina, for its online publication, who will contribute to regional BIRN’s daily media output Balkan Insight (www.balkaninsight.com).
Job Function: Journalist/reporter
Experience Level: five years
Working Languages: English
Application Deadline: 01/11/2019
The selected candidate will be engaged for a probation period of three months.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting on daily events and producing analysis, interviews, features and photo or video stories on main events in the country, be it politics, economy, environment, culture, lifestyle, etc.
- Writing (contributing) in producing country-based and cross-border investigative stories
- Developing new ideas and topics for the Balkan Insight.
- Maintaining appropriate contacts with government offices and officials of various local and international organisations, necessary to ensure correct execution of the above duties.
- Contributing to regional thematic stories
- Interested candidates need to be dynamic, open, hard-working and committed, and possess the following characteristics:
- At least five years of experience as news or TV/radio reporters
- Excellent command of the English language (writing, reading, understanding and speaking)
- Familiarity with online reporting, interest in web and mobile journalism; knowledge of promotion methods via social networks
- Excellent computer skills
- Preferable advanced user of content management system, being responsible for uploading and illustrating own and other stories.
Please submit a detailed CV, three of your best stories and a cover letter with three references, responding to the points raised in the job specifications not later than 1st of November 2019, to our regional operations unit, at [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible.
Balkan Insight is published by the Sarajevo-based regional hub of the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN). Balkan Insight is a network of correspondents based in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
BalkanInsight.com, one of 15 sites in different languages that BIRN runs, is read in more than 200 countries worldwide.
BIRN Hub is a nongovernmental organisation, a part of the Regional BIRN Network, working in the field of media development, promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democratic values in Southern and Eastern Europe. BIRN has local organisations in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Romania and Serbia, while the Network is editorially also present in Greece, Bulgaria, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and Slovenia.
More information at www.birn.eu.com.
BIRN encourages applicants of both genders, and offers an equal chance to all interested persons, without any prejudice based on any grounds.