Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Service for Foreigners’ Affairs (SFA) and the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring support in provision of administrative duties within the scope of the SFA’s mandate. S/he will be responsible to ensure support to the SFA officials in everyday administrative operations in Bijeljina office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide administrative and technical support in line with the SFA policies and practices,
- Provide support in the SFA’s processes of registration of foreigners in BiH,
- Facilitate the day-to-day operation in offices run by SFA to address the needs of foreigners in vulnerable situations,
- Collect and process relevant migration-related data to be available for various reporting purposes and strategic planning,
- Coordinate with Mobile team members provision of different types of assistance for migrants and asylum seekers,
- Provide information about Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration possibilities to migrants and asylum seekers,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Social or natural science university degree, or
- Completed 4 years of high school.
- Experience in administrative and/or social work,
- Experience in working with foreigners, irregular migrants, trafficked persons, children, and/or other vulnerable population,
- Experience in counselling, networking, and ensuring access to services.
- Usage of IT office equipment including but not limited to copy machine, scanner, and fax machine;
- Knowledge of MS Office including but not limited to Word, Excel and Power Point.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies;
- Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Works effectively well with colleagues;
- Listens and communicates clearly;
- Actively seeks new ways of improving the delivery of services;
- Identifies ways of implementing actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays proficiency in of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Good written and spoken communications skills;
- Good interpersonal skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi – cultural environment and good working in team.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (including their CV and motivation letter) electronically by email to [email protected], or in a sealed envelope to the following address:
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION
UN Common House
Zmaja od Bosne bb
Subject: Administrative Assistant in Service for Foreigners’ Affairs Bijeljina, Reference Code VN 19-09-18
Please request a delivery receipt.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.