- Duty Station: Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Application Deadline: 19 November 2018
- Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (MEA) (Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) project)
- Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
- Reference Code: VN 03-11-18
- Duration and type of Initial Contract: SST with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The overall objective of the program is to reduce the threat of radicalization and violent extremism in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit communal tensions. Through BHRI, IOM seeks to empower young people to resist recruitment, strengthen communities to better withstand radical influences, improve how towns and cities respond to extremist threats and reduce the likelihood of violence. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes. The implementation of the program will be closely coordinated with USAID.
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Development Officer (PDO) for the Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) and the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO), the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will provide technical assistance and facilitation in the design as well as the monitoring and evaluation of projects/activities to be implemented by BHRI, assist the programme in reaching its goals and assessing impact of its programming.
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation unit to collect context relevant information for grant activity design and weekly reporting purposes.
- Assist in activity level monitoring and data collection as per specific grant activity deliverables.
- Draft the final evaluation reports (FER) for all grants in area of responsibilities in coordination with Grant Focal Points.
- Assist with the drafting of M&E plans during activity development in close coordination with the Grant Focal Points and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Support BHRI awardee and/or implementing partners to report as per grant requirements and use preferred reporting templates to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency and completeness and compliance with donor’s Web based database standards.
- Assist the MEO in periodic assessments and evaluations as relevant to the assigned location and program requirements.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to grant sites and provide reports as required.
- Assist in collecting first person narratives, quotes, pre- and post- activity surveys and, success stories, to support impact and outcome reporting for the programme
- Assist in data review and analysis of emerging themes relevant for the programme
- Assist in discerning lessons learned and documenting obstacles/challenges and resulting mitigating measures.
- Assist in developing, refining and using M&E checklists, forms and reports.
- Assist in developing, refining and/or manage project databases and any other information management tools and systems.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences or a related field
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with thorough knowledge and understanding of M&E concepts, tools, processes, structures, systems and functions. At least 2 years of professional experience in M&E with a recognized international or local organization essential
- Very good understanding of government structures and local context of the B&H
- Ability to provide detailed and high-level analysis on areas relating to the BHRI programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Very good computer skills (proficient in MS Office applications)
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (including their CV and motivation letter) electronically by email to [email protected]
Subject: VN 03-11-18 Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (MEA) (Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) project)
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
International applicants are obliged to provide all documentation required as per the law on work of BH for foreign citizens.
Applications must be received by 19 November 2018 CoB
Posting period: 05 November 2018 – 19 November 2018
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation.