Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Application Deadline: 10 June 2018
Position Title: Area Development Officer – Digital Media (ADO) (Bosnia and Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI))
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Required Qualifications and Experience: Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in the field of journalism, media and/or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience implementing or managing projects; developing creative new initiatives or small activities; coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders; managing staff.
- The ADO – Digital Media is expected to have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Digital strategy development, including audience identification, segmentation and optimization
- Content production and ad buys on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, VK, etc.
- Search engine optimization to improve discovery and drive traffic to websites / mobile apps
- Web analytics through traffic analysis (e.g. Google Analytics / Data Studio) and keyword research tools (e.g. Google Trends)
- Social media analysis through the use of built-in (e.g. Facebook Insights) and commercial platforms (e.g. Crimson Hexagon)
- Dynamic reporting to provide trendlines on overall reach and engagement, support A/B testing of content
- Demonstrated experience in traditional (TV, radio, print, film) content production, marketing or distribution.
- Excellent computer literacy in MS Office.
- Holds a valid driving license;
- Willingness and ability to conduct travel across the country.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning;
- Communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (including their CV and motivation letter) electronically by email to [email protected]
Note: Area Development Officer – Digital Media (ADO) (Bosnia and Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI))
International applicants are obliged to provide all documentation required as per the law on work of BH for foreign citizens.
Applications must be received by 10 June 2018
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED