Do you have outstanding photos that tell a compelling story about your global health experience? Each year the global health office at Dalhousie hosts the Global Health Photo Contest to recognize these beautiful images and inspiring stories. This contest is open to students, residents, faculty and staff at Dalhousie.
Global Health is all around us, there are many opportunities for inspiring images in our own backyard. Be creative! Think of everything that impacts the health of individuals and communities.
Call for Submissions – 2019 Global Health Photo Contest
Deadline: March 4, 2019
Theme: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
They are now accepting submissions for the Global Health Photo Contest.
You can your send submissions to the Global Health Office by email: [email protected]
To find out more about the SDGs use this link.
Entrants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Artistic and visual appeal
- Conveyance of global health through photographic imagine
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed entry form;
- Entries must be an original work taken by the individual submitting the photo; and permission of all individuals in the photo must be acquired;
- Entries must be appropriate for a general audience;
- Entrants may submit up to two photographs.
- Entries must be submitted as digital (300 dpi at 8×10 inches) or 8×10 printed photos.
Photo Rights and Usage
The global health office retains the rights to use the photographs indefinitely and free of charge in print communications, web communications, or any other Dalhousie global health related project. Photos may be used to promote education, research and service to advance global health at Dalhousie, proper accreditation will be provided when possible.
Awards will be given for first and second place:
- First prize: $50 gift card and photo featured on the global health office website
- Second prize: $25 gift card and photo featured on the global health office website
Format and Entry Process
- Photos must be submitted by the deadline March 4, 2019 at midnight.
- Photos must be digitally submitted to [email protected] in a jpeg file format.
- Each photo submitted must be accompanied by an entry form.
- Black and white, sepia or color photos will be accepted.