The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organisation, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Duty Stations: Sarajevo, Bihac, Velika Kladusa
- Contributes to overall leadership and management, as well as the design and implementation of project activities;
- Supports the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement mechanisms
Plans, approves and monitors DRC team activities, receives inputs on the situation in the field, and ensures smooth implementation of the project;
- Collects information and statistics and provides regular weekly and other programmatic reports on project implementation, developments and issues of concern;
- Conducts regular site assessments and provides advice on mitigation measures;
Monitors results indicators and time-lines and ensures that program requirements are fulfilled and are in line with donor requirements;
- Regularly coordinates with national and local authorities, international and donor organizations, local civil society and various service providers at a national and local level;
- Ensures that implementation of activities Do-No-Harm to persons of concern/ beneficiaries at the point of delivery;
- Supervises the implementation of all participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities and PoCs;
- Participates in different coordination meetings and clusters, maintains regular relations and cooperates, at the appropriate level, with the local authorities and other stakeholders (UN, NGOs, Donors, Embassies).
Qualification and skills:
- Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations, Law or any other relevant field;
- Fluency in written and spoken B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
Excellent report writing skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and beneficiary focus;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Valid driving licence.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a management/supervision roles in NGO/Humanitarian/development work;
- Proven experience in programme design and management, including budget expenditure, donor relations, reporting, proposal writing, staff management, and monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to [email protected] with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below.
Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one-page motivation letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.