The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) is an international non-governmental organisation, which provides help and protection to refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Refugee Council is currently working in more than 30 countries around the world. Our work with refugees and internally displaced persons ranges from emergency aid to promotion and implementation of solutions, addressing root-causes.
The DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (DRC) has opened the recruitment process for various national posts in Bosnia and Herzegovina, within the framework of the programme contributing to enhance the humanitarian response to the refugee/migration crisis.
Position Title: Project Officer.
Duration: 6 months.
Duty Stations: Sarajevo, Bihac and Mostar with extensive travel.
- Supporting the Coordinator in effective project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation process;
- Undertaking regular field monitoring visits and provide support to Persons of Concern and as well as other project stakeholders as per the project activities planned;
- Assisting the overall implementation of a project proving support to refugees/asylum seekers/migrants on health/mental health and protection;
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, performing various project tasks, such as procurement, logistics, administrative, translation tasks;
- Providing operational information to Coordinator according to existing planning or on adjustment, on a daily basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences or related field;
- Very good command of written and spoken English and B/C/S language is required for this assignment;
- Strong reporting and communication skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and beneficiary focus;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and to travel extensively in targeted areas;
- Willingness and ability to work in multicultural and difﬁcult environments, sometimes in stressful and critical situations;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc);
- Valid driving licence.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in projects implementation in the mentioned sector.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Method of application:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send their electronic format applications to
with the vacancy number clearly indicated in the subject heading and well before the deadline stated below.
Interested applicants are required to provide both a CV and one-page motivation letter in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.