The International Committee of the Red Cross, Delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina wishes to advise all potential candidates of the opening of a full-time position for: RESEARCHER.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC delegation in Bosnia and Herzegovina is seeking an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position described below.
- The selected candidate will contribute to ICRC efforts to clarify the fate and whereabouts of missing persons in Bosnia-Herzegovina. She/he will be responsible for following tasks:
- Searching, reviewing and analysing (according with the ICRC criteria of data management and confidentiality) information coming from different sources and organisations such as MICT, OSCE, NATO, European Union, United Nations, Bosnian-Herzegovinian, Serbian, or any other sources under the technical supervision of the Researcher Team leader, in close cooperation with Sarajevo Head of Protection Unit, the team of researchers as well as with the Regional Forensic Coordinator (RFC);
- Actively contributing to the reflection and proposing of new strategies, avenues ways forward and/or activities with the aim to optimize ICRC’s work with archives and its cooperation with the institutions that also work with researchers, to solve missing persons’ cases;
- In collaboration with the Researcher Team leader and Sarajevo Head of Protection Unit processes the data available to ICRC in a structured manner and keeps the records in accordance with the procedures established for the handling of international and national archives using ICRC supported means;
- In coordination with the Researcher Team leader and the RFC analyses all data available to ICRC on the conflict in Bosnia and Herzegovina and in case, information on potential gravesites, mis-identification or presumptive identification of bodies already exhumed are found, prepares analytical reports with recommendations for Missing Persons Institute (MPI) actions or for further follow-up to be done with relevant stakeholders;
- In coordination with Sarajevo Head of Protection and the Researcher Team leader and RFC, follows up on the documentation/analytical reports handed over to MPI and assesses the progress and actions taken by the MPI.
- University degree (social science, law faculty or equivalent);
- 5 years experience in the field of Missing Persons;
- Very good knowledge of the past conflict in BiH;
- Very good written and oral English and B/S/H languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven experience and capacity to work constructively in teams under considerable pressure;
- Proven ability to undertake responsibilities with considerable degrees of autonomy;
- Good analytical skills and attention to details;
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to changes;
- Commitment and interest for humanitarian work.
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to the ICRC delegation in Sarajevo by e-mail at: [email protected], before 01 June 2018. Please include your motivation letter, detailed curriculum vitae and other relevant documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.