Name of project: ”SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH – KNOWLEDGE BEATS TABOOS”
Date of Study Visit: 12.11.2018 – 17.11.2018.
Organizers: BRAVO & CKNS
Place: Sarajevo, BiH
Participants: 2 (18+)
Working language: English
Deadline for applying:10.10.2018.
Study visit is project under Erasmus+ program what means that seminar is under Erasmus+ rules. Accommodation, food and travel costs are covered by organizers.
In this project we are working on beating prejudices regarding sexuality and reproduction thanks to sharing scientific information and point of view and opening all those issues that are, more or less, in all our societies connected with shame, fear, feeling of guilty, shortly said – taboos. Trainings and study visit which we will attend are here to raise our capacities and competences to fight against these taboos in work with, in fists place, young people.
Realized Mobility activities were: Trainings in Montenegro (December 2017.) and in Spain (February/March 2018.). Now we are looking forward to organize training again in Montenegro (May) as well as study visit in Sarajevo (BIH). Capacity building activities will be: web site, brochure, local trainings for peer educators, round table and workshops.
Preferably, we would like to meet youth workers and youth activists as participants, who will stay in the project during the process and share knowledge gained here to your local beneficiaries.
This training is third mobility activity in SARH project. It has two basic aims:
- To gather 30 youth workers and activists from 15 countries to raise their capacities in the field of sexual violence and sexual rights;
- To share one of our values, which is love, as starting point to observe the world because we strongly believe that people educated to love cannot be easy target to those who wish to manipulate with them.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES DURING STUDY VISIT:
- Federal/Cantonal Ministry of Education and Science
- Federal/Cantonal Ministry of Health
- Red Cross
- NGO-s who are working with RPZ and STD-s.
SEXUAL DIVERSITIES – THE ROLE OF YOUTH WORKER IN REDUCING STIGMATIZATION
- Diversity issues
- Theories of attitude change
- Attitude and behavior change
- Reality check
- Hate crime
- Gender roles and sexual identities
- Sexual identity formation
- Bipolar versus independent continua models
- My own attitudes – I know them so well?
- Cultures construct sexuality?
- Identifying stereotypes, prejudices, stigmatization, oppression (examples of stereotyping)
- Characteristics of homophobes
- Just how bad is it against LGBT persons? Societal homophobia and the promotion of heterosexism
- Internalized homophobia
- Institutionalized homophobia and heterosexism
- The role of youth worker in promoting and respecting sexual diversities
- The role of youth worker in overcoming hetero-sexism
- Closure and taking action
- Working language.
Working language of this TC is English. Some of the participants will be able to communicate in other languages as well, but we encourage use of English during the non-formal time as well, in aim to be inclusive for all in every moment.
YouthPass is certificate of Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme, which is used as a tool to recognize non-formal education and achievements of participants thanks to this program. Each participant of our TC who would attend all workshops and respect group rules, will receive YouthPass in short period after training.
Venue and Accommodation
HOTEL BM INTERNATIONAL
Pijačna 2, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The hotel is located on the main road between the city center and the smaller down city center called Ilidža, has parking for guests, and two tram stops are only a couple of minutes away. Whether it’s about individuals or entire families, the hotel offers tourists comfort and quality service, and business customers can even rent an office or business premises for several days as needed.
Hotel BM International apartments have separate bedrooms, separate kitchen with dining area, mini-bar, bathroom with toilet. Cable TV, telephone and free internet access over wireless network are just few of the details included in this offer.
HOW TO APPLY?
NO participation FEE.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]