You are a creative storyteller who is curious about the world around you? You are fascinated by news and current affairs? And you love meeting people and sharing people’s stories? If this sounds like you, then there is no better time to apply for the BBC Journalism Trainee Scheme.
During this 10 month scheme, you will undertake training while working alongside news teams in online and digital, radio and TV news. These placements will offer you hands-on experience involving researching, writing and broadcasting news.
- You are a curious and creative writer who will enjoy meeting people and sharing their stories;
- You already have the ability to show journalistic skills through previous experience or work that you are doing such as blogging/vlogging, working at a local newspaper or radio;
- You have an understanding of audiences and how to reach them, including people who might not normally consume news;
- You are a graduate or already have some solid skills and knowledge in journalism from previous experience;
- You will be 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in the autumn.
- A 10 month contract paying GBP 21,216 per year (pro rata). If you are based in London, the salary is GBP 25,776 per year (pro rata);
- Covered travel and accommodation expenses during training periods;
- First-rate training led by the BBC throughout the scheme by specialists and senior BBC journalists;
- A mentor to support and guide you during your training;
- The chance to work on placements within BBC News and Current Affairs across radio, television, digital and online.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click here.
For more information, please visit the official web page.