Summary: Banja Luka – EducationUSA Advising Center is a comprehensive resource for students, teachers, and individuals interested in education in the United States. The EducationUSA Adviser provides consultations on researching and applying for study in the US, providing assistance in learning about standardized tests such as the TOEFL, ACT, SAT, GMAT, and GRE, seeking financial aid for study, and participating in US-government-sponsored exchange programs. The Adviser assists in the organization of educational fairs, gives regular presentations on education-related topics, and other administrative duties essential to the Advising Center. The position is a part- time, one-year appointment that comes with a possible extension. The position is based in Banja Luka with some flexibility in scheduling and occasional travel required.
REPORTS TO: Aleksandra Popovic, Bosnia and Herzegovina Country Coordinator
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Work with applicants to programs for study in the U.S., alumni of US government programs, representatives of local and regional universities and government, and the general public;
• Respond to inquiries and correspondence related to study in the U.S.;
• Perform outreach to audiences with potential interest in higher education opportunities in the U.S., especially previously underserved populations;
• Develop and conduct workshops related to access to U.S. higher education (for example: application preparation; fields of study information; pre-departure orientation);
• Provide information on U.S. admissions testing;
• Maintain regular contact and collaborate with the U.S. Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina on public diplomacy projects
• Organize and implement alumni events;
• Handle all logistical issues such as securing location, preparing materials, and contacting participants for seminars, meetings, testing, etc.;
• Helps with organization of annual EducationUSA fair
• Maintains statistics related to number of contacts and outreaches and reports the same to EducationUSA network and Office of Public Affairs of U.S. Embassy in BiH.
• Maintains regular office hours in American Corner Banja Luka.
• University graduate with a degree in relevant field (Education, International Relations, Social Sciences, Library Science, Linguistics, or other appropriate field)
• Fluent written and spoken English-language
• Knowledge of US higher education system and admission process for international students
• Study experience in the US strongly preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience working with students, either as a teacher or counselor
• Commitment to cross-cultural exchange
• Experience organizing conferences or similar events
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Familiarity with US Standardized Tests
• Computer skills: Internet research, word processing and spreadsheets
• Flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally
Please send your application and cover letter to [email protected]
ANTICIPATED APPOINTMENT DATE: November 1, 2018.