Under the guidance of the Innovation Lead, the intern will be required to:
Research current and not currently in use technologies, frameworks, platforms at the IAEA in order to broaden the knowledge base and facilitate better technology decision making in BSS, MTIT and IAEA as the whole;
Build rapid prototypes and Proof of Concepts (PoC) to determine fit and usability;
Participate in communication to business by eliciting their needs and providing value of innovative ideas;
Contribute to establishing Innovation Programme by providing relevant inputs and advise;
Contribute in fostering innovation in section and across the IAEA by suggesting ideas and drafting changes to existing processes and policies;
Assist in on-going projects and activities.
The purpose of the IAEA internship programme is to provide people studying toward a university degree or who have recently received a degree with the opportunity to gain practical work experience in line with their studies or interests, and expose them to the work of the Agency and the United Nations.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.
Eligible Regions: Open for All