The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory Security
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities) The British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Security Officer to be part of the Security Team, to ensure the effective security of British Embassy staff, Families and buildings (offices and residential) by adhering to security procedures and implementing security measures. Further to general security duties and tasks incumbent will provide office assistance and telephone switchboard / receptionist duties as well as driving.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
Effective physical and technical security
- Checking identity and conduct security search of visitors;
- Monitoring security status of property perimeters, official vehicles and access to the Embassy premises;
- Scanning incoming mail;
- Provide security cover at Embassy receptions/events at the official Residence and other locations as required.
- First point of contact with Embassy visitors;
- Operate switchboard in receptionist capacity;
- Provide general info and distribute the calls;
- Receive/distribute mail to Embassy staff.
- Prepare and distribute invitations for post’s major events;
- Receive RSVPs calls linked to Embassy events and keep records;
- Maintain updated list of contacts for other Embassies and international organizations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Provide driving services in line with post Transport Policy.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Verbal and written proficiency in English and one of the BiH constituent languages (Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian);
- Problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others;
- Ability to think creatively but also to follow procedures;
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly;
- Clean and valid driving licence;
- Use MS Word and Excel.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in providing security services, preferably from or with international organisations.
- Required competencies
- Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline: 11 September 2019
Type of Position: Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week: 41 gross
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Country/Territory: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Location (City): Sarajevo
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Starting monthly salary: (BAM) 2.692 gross
Start Date: 14 October 2019
Other benefits and conditions of employment
- This is a full-time position of 5 working days, 41 hours per week.
- The position is offered initially for one year with a possible extension for another year upon successful completion of three month probation period and subject to the availability of funding.
- The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorisation for Bosnia-Herzegovina in order to apply.
- The successful candidate will be hired under the Terms and Conditions of British Embassy Sarajevo and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
- The monthly salary for this position is 2.692 BAM gross per month. In addition, members of staff receive a meal allowance and transport allowance as per Terms & Conditions.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Bosnia-Herzegovina employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application via LINK.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 23.08.2019.
Trajanje oglasa: 11.09.2019.