Duty Station: Sarajevo
Application Deadline: 18 August 2019
Position Title: Reporting and Project Development Advisor
Contract type: Consultant
Grade: Equivalent to G3/G4
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and local languages in BiH
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN 03-08-19
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The overall objective of the program is to reduce the threat of radicalization and violent extremism in BiH and counter extremist efforts to deepen or exploit communal tensions. Through BHRI, IOM seeks to empower young people to resist recruitment, strengthen communities to better withstand radical influences, improve how towns and cities respond to extremist threats and reduce the likelihood of violence. To achieve these objectives, BHRI designs and implements small-grant activities through a process-oriented, community driven approach that emphasizes project processes. The implementation of the program will be closely coordinated with USAID.
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager / Chief of Party for the Bosnia & Herzegovina Resilience Initiative (BHRI) and the direct supervision of the Programme Development Officer (PDO), the Reporting and Project Development Advisor will be responsible for reporting, providing support to project development and organizing and tracking all aspects of the grant activity cycle for activities under Objective 3. S/he will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the donor-provided activity database as a means of tracking each activity from start-up to close out.
- Lead on drafting bi-weekly and quarterly reports in coordination with different units within the program
- Collect and analyze political, security, socio-economic, and other relevant developments in the region, BiH, and BHRI areas of intervention for reporting purposes
- Produce summary reports and maintain up to date reporting tabs within the Web-Based Database
- Assist in editing and drafting Yellow Light and Green Light templates, as well as activity budgets, where required;
- Assist the PDO, SMT and ADOs in identifying activity ideas for Program Objective 3
- Ensure the implementation of activities under Program Objective 3 in close cooperation with awardees, external stakeholders, and Procurement and Finance Units within the program
- Respond to any ad-hoc requests for information from SMT, conduct desk research, and liaise with field teams to collect information
- Review, draft and edit relevant program documents, including communication products, strategic documents, and research summaries
- Coordinate the submission of reports, research products, and strategy documents;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in English language, Political Science or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of experience writing project proposals in the English language and drafting budgets
- Experience supporting small-scale efforts promoting community resiliency, local capacity building, strategic communications and small-scale infrastructure rehabilitation is highly desirable.
- Experience in graphic design, Power Point or other software to generate sophisticated reporting;
- Experience in reporting and database management
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning;
- Communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
How to apply
Internal candidates are to apply by using Internal Application Form.
Subject: VN 03-08-19 Reporting and Project Development Advisor
Please note that for external candidates only IOM PHF will be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Additional documents, in line with the local laws, will be requested by the successful candidate upon finalization of the selection process.
Applications must be received by 18 August 2019.
Posting period: 06 August – 18 August 2019
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Duty Station: Sarajevo
Closing Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019