The UNDP’s Social Inclusion/Democratic Governance Sector aims to decisively promote social inclusion and empower the most vulnerable, as well as to enhance access to social and economic benefits to marginalised people and communities through specifically tailored sector initiatives and other UNDP sectors’ programmes, fully utilizing CO knowledge and experiences.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager/CTA (Social Inclusion), the Project Associate will provide project support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Project Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Associate works in close collaboration with the Project Manager and project team and will be in charge of support to selected MZ Project project activities, closely working with the project manager, staff and relevant partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting implementation of Project strategies
- Supporting Project Manager/CTA in administrative activities on the day-to day basis
- Business Process Quality Assurance
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing within the project
- Support to the Project Manager in effective mainstreaming of gender equality
- Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda/Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management/Contributing to results through provision of information
- Building Strategic Partnerships/Maintaining information and databases
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches/Implementing processes and uses products
- Resource Mobilization/Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing/Basic research and analysis
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise/Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals/Research and analysis
- Client Orientation/ Maintains effective client relationships
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting
- learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Secondary education; University degree is considered as an asset level.
- Six years of relevant administrative or project support experience at national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- The knowledge of UNDP’s Standard Operational Procedures and Atlas would be an advantage.
Language Requirements: Fluency in the UN and BHS languages