Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In North West Balkans and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Additional information about project
The project aims to contribute to the current social protection reforms in the region (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro) with child rights dimension by strengthening the existing or introducing quality child-centred services for street involved and children at risk and their families throughout the region.
. The project intent is to create quality and sustainable social services tailored to needs of children and their families with strong evidence based advocacy stemming out of Save the Children MEAL data analysis and recommendations. Partnership for the service delivery will be established with NGO Altruist (Mostar), NGO New Generation and Centre for Social Work (Banja Luka), NGO Otaharin (Bijeljina), NGO Vermont (Brčko), NGO Women from Una (Bihać), NGO Centre for Child’s Rights Montenegro (Podgorica) and NGO “Defendologija” (Nikšić).
Additionally, NGO Centre for Youth Integration in Belgrade will be supported to strengthen their referral mechanism related to the direct service provision for street involved children clearly defining roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders.
Purpose of the External Evaluation
The consultant will be contracted by SCiNWB to conduct External Evaluation for the project “ENVISION – Creating ENabling enVIronment for Social InclusiON of children” in relation to the project’s logical framework and all the anticipated and achieved indicators and activities.The purpose of this external evaluation is to evaluate the results, assess the project’s contribution to the overall objectives and the relevance of project impact to targeted population as it is currently designed and implemented to provide recommendations on the way forward. The evaluation will be disseminated to staff, stakeholders and other interested parties for lessons learned and further possible replication and future programming.
– Evaluation Inception Report (10-15 pages without annexes), which highlights: Objectives and key questions, Methodology, Data collection methods, sampling considerations, timeline and logistics, etc.
– Data collection tools: for the data collection of some outcome indicators there are data collection tools which already exist and have been used for baseline and mid-term review data collections. For some of the outcome indicators which should be measured just once at the end of the project the tools do not exist and it is responsibility of the consultant to develop these and all other tools.
– External Evaluation Final Report: (25-30 pages without annexes), with the executive summary. The executive summary should summarize key findings and recommendations (three to five pages) and needs to be submitted as part of the final draft report. The findings and recommendations of the final report have to be structured according to the evaluation questions. The draft outline of the report’s structure is below and needs to be agreed upon during the inception phase.
In order to perform all scheduled tasks consultant will be hired for the period of no more than 25 days (November 26 2018 – December 28 2018). A detailed timeframe will be agreed upon appointment of the service provider. It is expected that the draft evaluation report will be delivered no later than December 19 – December 27, 2018. Finalized report with recommendations will be delivered no later than December 28 2018.
Required Expertise and Experience
Consultant should possess the following expertise and skills as a minimum:
– Minimum University degree in the field of social or humanistic sciences (M.A. or PhD in relevant field is an advantage);
– Minimum of five years’ experience in conducting evaluations in different aspects of the field of social protection system;
– Experience of working in policy design within the social protection sector and migration in a developing country;
– Fluency in English and Local language/s;
– Background knowledge of the socio-political and migration situation in at regional level;
– Strong analytical and creativity skills;
– Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate detailed concepts clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally;
– Extensive experience in social research, including designing and employing both qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and tools which are participatory and sensitive to the needs of children.
The consultant must indicate the prices he/she is offering to Save the Children as part of the contract, including the currency in the Bidding Response document as well as SC-PR-10 – Request for Quotation if applying on behalf of a company or organisation. Provide a narrative clarification of each budget activity demonstrating how they relate to the proposed methodology and work plan. The budget headings and specific budget lines are obligatory within proposed budget (e.g. briefly describe the evaluation-related activities to be performed on particular budget heading item and indicate the cost of each activity in budget line).
Note* Consultant/s or companies/organisations need to take into account travel and all other expenses related to their assignments as those will not be separately reimbursed.
Application and Bidding Procedure
Interested consultant/s or companies/organisations should develop and submit the bidding proposal (accompanied with relevant annexes) in English language to respond to above mentioned specific tasks.
The bidding proposal should include (Package for consultant companies or Package for Consultant Individuals).
Package for consultant company/organisation (complete if applying on behalf of a company or organisation):
1. Bidder Response document;
2. CVs of each evaluation team member (maximum 3 pages) emphasizing relevant experience;
3. SC-PR-10 – Request for Quotation.
Detailed Terms of Reference and necessary forms for companies/organisations is available here.
Package for consultant individuals (complete if applying as an individual):
1. Bidder Response document – individuals;
2. CVs format – individuals (maximum 3 pages) emphasizing relevant experience.
Detailed Terms of Reference and necessary forms for individuals is available here.
Interested candidates should send their applications (Bidder Response document accompanied with relevant annexes) to [email protected] no later than November 22, 2018.